Tuesday, July 26, 2011

no more tests!

No more tests! I passed the PT test today: 21 pushups, 44 situps, 14:05 run. That is the good news. The bad news is that I can probably NOT count on getting 50% salary after serving 20 yrs  which means that I will not be serving 20 years. My instructor just told us today about Obama's speech last night. I guess it is highly probable that this will be eliminated to help reduce the US deficit. I'm more than a little disappointed about this. I was pretty sure that I would stay in for the 20 so that I could also get civilian physician job, possibly one that paid less. Had this announcement been made 1.5 months ago, I don't think I would be here now. Feelin a little bit of regret. I'm curious how the military will be able to keep doctors though. There is really no incentive to be a military doctor beyond your commitment now.

My cough is still here but seems to be getting better. Our auditorium lectures are sprinkled with coughing people. Everyone is getting sick from sleep deprivation. We also have extremely healthy food which is probably why I've gained 4 pounds in 4 weeks. Nothing like Chili-Mac that melts in your mouth....noodles so cooked they're practically liquid HOLLA!

We continue to move closer to 1984. We are instructed to correct each other when others do not follow protocol. We are told to continue professionalism even when no one is looking.....because there are cameras.....

I miss hearing my name. Here I am just Lt Lee. I don't think our flight members even know each other's names. I've made a point of trying to use first names in the dorm whenever possible. Trying to hold onto the smallest shred of individuality that I can claim.

Feel free to leave comments for me! I enabled comments from anyone now.

1 comment:

Allison said...

hannah, hannah, hannah, hannah, hannah, hannah, hannah, hannah, we miss you hannah!!